Font Size
Site Colour StandardYellowBlueHigh Contrast


Home About Us Your health and services Have your say Library News Events Contact Us Login

Mid and North Essex Mind Youth Support Services

Colchester Mind can help some people with advocacy. Advocacy is supporting someone to be able to talk about their views and worries, get information, defend their rights and talk about choices and options. Advocacy is for those who are already being helped by the Emotional Wellbeing Mental Health Service which used to be called CAMHS.

For more information from North and Mid Essex Mind, click here.

Alternatively you can email on or call between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, on 01206 764600 to find out more.

Children’s Learning Disability Services

Children’s Learning Disabilities Services are provided by North Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust across the North East, Mid and West Essex CCG localities. The team is a specialist multi-professional healthcare team providing a service for children with moderate to severe Learning Disabilities, who have additional difficult to manage behaviours, primarily within the home environment.  For more information please call: 01206 287216

Children and Young People with Specialist Needs (SEND)

For more information on the SEND service, please see the link here.

Child Death Overview Panel

For more information on child safety, please see the link here to the local newsletter for August

Essex County Council Early Help Offer

Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Service - EWMHS - How to get in touch and refer

EWMHS offers advice and support for stress, low mood and depression, anxiety, self-harm or difficult to manage behaviours as well as support for previously diagnosed neurodevelopmental difficulties such as ADHD or ASD.

Please be aware that while they are happy to look at assessment reports and any prescribed treatments, medication and diagnosis, which you may have acquired from another NHS service, privately or historically, they are always required to conduct our own assessment before providing any form of intervention. All prescribers MUST make their own assessment before providing any prescriptions. In the interim, any ongoing medication or treatment that was recommended and/or prescribed as part of the previous assessment will need to be provided by that organisation. We will review this with you as part of our assessment, though we cannot guarantee that we will provide the same treatment, as any intervention will be informed by our clinical judgement.  If you decide to seek a private second opinion outside the NHS, then you will be responsible for any cost incurred. 

If you would like to speak to someone for more information about the services EWMHS offer and to find out about what support might be available for you please call our Single Point of Access team on 0300 300 1600 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday to be put through to the three CSPAs and seven Locality teams across Southend, Essex and Thurrock. You can also contact us via email at

Where are we?

We have offices and clinics across much of Southend, Essex and Thurrock and will be as flexible as possible in where we offer to see you. Get in touch on 0300 300 1600 and we can talk this through.

« Back