Vision of the CCG
Our vision is “Embracing better health and wellbeing for all”, underpinned by our four strategic objectives: -
- To achieve our vision through an inclusive, holistic approach to patient and service user centred commissioning, embedding personalisation of care through integrated health and social care services;
- To transform care and drive continuous improvement in quality and safety. Achieve the best possible outcomes for our service users through high quality care;
- To use commissioning resources effectively and responsibly. To develop our organisation, teams and individual staff to be trusted, competent, well trained, talented, enthusiastic and dedicated;
- To tackle the biggest health challenges in north east Essex including reducing health inequalities.
Values of the CCG
The values that lie at the heart of the work of the CCG are:
- Integrity – We will work in the spirit of public service, professionalism and selflessness to serve our local population.
- Inclusiveness - Our commissioning will be driven by the health needs of the whole population. We will prioritise our commissioning towards work which delivers the greatest improvements in health and the best possible experience for all people throughout their care and treatment.
- Improvement - Our communities require high-quality services. This means services which are safe, personalised and deliver good clinical outcomes. We will seek to continually improve quality wherever possible and to embrace innovation to achieve this.
- Patient-centred – We will ensure that services respond to people as individuals, involving them in their individual care decisions and in the planning of services. The CCG is committed to delivering the pledges of the NHS Constitution and upholding its values.
Our Accountable Officer's priorities following his appointment